Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why nursing?

I’ve wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember.  Well at least since I seriously started thinking about what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.  I love the idea of taking care of people and nursing them back to health. 

I’ve always loved working with kids and babysitting them; but I knew I didn’t want to teach them, I wanted to look after them.  I’ve been volunteering for vacation bible school for my church since I was in 6th grade. I always was a leader for the three year olds, and that made me realize I wanted to do something that involved children in my career. 

When my cousins started having kids I loved holding their babies and just watching after them.   That’s when I realized I wanted to work with babies.  I want to specialize in taking care of premature babies. Over the summer I shadowed in the NicU at Centerpoint Hospital.  It was very cool and I saw a lot of interesting things.  I didn’t pass out, feel queasy or anything; so I know I can handle that kind of stuff! 
Hopefully I will get into nursing school. I don't find out til March, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment